1 Parents Love It!
3 Community Park Rd
Broomfield , CO 80020
The first meeting to establish a public library for Broomfield was held December 2, 1959. A Library Board of Trustees was appointed, the library incorporated and by-laws were written in January 1960.
The library opened in donated space with furnishings provided by service clubs and organizations. The Colorado State Library loaned the Broomfield Library 600 - 2,000 books at a time for many years until the collection was established.
In 1961 Bal Swan and the Turnpike Land Company donated land at #12 Garden Center for the first permanent library building. The Library moved into the 3,226 square-foot building March 15, 1963.
On July 7, 1963 former President Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower and his wife Mamie Doud Eisenhower came to Broomfield to participate in the dedication of the city's public library, newly named for the former first-lady.
A new library opened at 1 DesCombes Drive on February 6, 1995.
On November 10, 2001, the current 28,409 square foot library opened, located between Lamar and Main on Community Park Road.