Fort Myers, FL
2 Parents Love It!
3440 Marinatown Ln, Ste 201-C
North Fort Myers, FL
501 (c)3 nonprofit - Tax ID # 47-2650792
A Mom’s Helping Hand of SWFL is a nonprofit agency building strong and stable lives through resources, education, and training and life skills.
The moms are able to form friendships in order to help encourage each other and to be there to help give each other a helping hand when needed.
We are looking to partner with companies, churches, schools, clubs and organizations that can serve as collection points for bare necessities such as laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. That will help keep single mom households running smoothly.
I am currently building a list of resources of community professionals and businesses which are willing to provide their on an as-needed, pro-bono basis. Each specific needs will be matched with businesses that are willing to fill those needs at no charge.
This program can be a lifesaver to our families when extra needs arise, such as the kids needing eyeglasses, a big move coming up, or the landscaping needing attention, for instance.
• Social Events: Quarterly kid-friendly events at fun venues like The Imaginarium, Sky Zone, Miracles games, bowling alleys and more, This will give the kids a chance to meet other SWFL Kids going through the same challenges and lets them just hang out together and have fun.
• Birthday Box: Each month the Committee will assemble birthday bags filled with the essentials needed to give kids with a birthday in that month a fun celebration: hats, streamers, plates, tablecloth, $20 gift card for a cake and a birthday gift from our inventory of new toys.
• Bare Necessities Craft Day: While parents are picking out their Bare Necessities items, which will be open twice a month, SWFL Kids have the opportunity to make a fun craft and chow down on delicious snacks.
• SWFL Santas: SWFL Single Moms will be paired up with SWFL Families to adopt the single mom and her children in October of each year. Each family makes a wish list and encouraged to ask for their true hearts’ desires! The adoptive family or group does the shopping, wrapping and delivering, starting the second week in December. Holiday wishes do come true!
• SWFL POCKETS: Bills, bills, bills … any single mom knows the real financial hardship it creates. SWFL Pockets helps with those unforeseen emergencies that make it near impossible to pay bills during a time of crisis. SWFL Pockets is temporary help when it is truly needed.