Hitting the beach (or pool, or porch 'cause we can't all live on the coast) with a book is our summer happy place. And 2023 has got a lineup of beach-read releases we can't wait to get our hands on.
Pick from romance, thrillers, or just lighthearted fun. These page-turners will make you forget about the laundry and what's for dinner, at least for a little while.
1. That Summer Feeling by Bridget Morrisey - May 30
Divorced woman, sleepaway camp for grown-ups, Blue Ridge Mountains... all the makings of the perfect summer romance novel.
2. The Bookshop by the Bay by Pamela Kelley - June 6
Two best friends, one cheating husband, one career crash, and the chance to open a bookstore — on the beach, of course.
3. Girls and Their Horses by Eliza Jane Brazier - June 6
Competitive horse jumping, cutthroat moms, and a mysterious death equal a delicious summer thriller.
4. Same Time Next Summer by Annabel Monaghan - June 6
She's engaged but reunites with her childhood crush, and now romantic decisions must be made.
5. The Five Star Weekend by Elin Hilderbrand - June 13
A girls' getaway filled with secrets and romance by a bestselling author tops our list.
6. Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood - June 13
Nerdy girl in STEM and her story of going from enemies to lovers ... a timeless romantic read.
7. You Were Always Mine by Christine Pride and Jo Piazza - June 13
Secret pasts, unlikely friendships, and a black woman raising an abandoned white baby offer up a tantalizing look at race and life in America.
8. The Whispers by Ashley Audrain - June 20
An intense psychological thriller that makes us question everything we know about our own neighbors.
9. The Only One Left by Riley Sagar - June 20
A decaying mansion on a rocky shoreline, and a dead family create an unputdownable read we love.
10. The Wife App by Carolyn Mackler - June 27
Fed-up moms develop an app to monetize the mental load we all carry equals a hilarious and oh-so-relatable story.
11. Have You Seen Her by Catherine McKenzie - June 27
Three friends, Yosemite National Park, hidden agendas, and survival make for a real page-turner.
12. Will They or Won't They by Ava Wilder - June 27
An explosive Hollywood romance that has the sparks flying.
13. Sunshine Nails by Mai Nguyen - July 4
Vietnamese immigrants have their entrepreneurial dreams tested in this heartwarming must-read.
14. The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson - July 11
Four friends saving their childhood summer camp is giving us all the feels.
15. None of This is True by Lisa Jewell - August 8
A mind-bending thriller that'll have you guessing and second-guessing and third guessing...