1 Parents Love It!
Leominster Rd. and Route 140
“Plans are being developed for future improvements and enhanced recreational utilization of this location”
Playground equipment and play area
Open playing field
Sawyer Playground was donated to the town by Alice Sawyer, the widow of Lester Sawyer. Mr. Sawyer was a pioneer in the plastics industry in Leominster. He purchased Hy-Crest Farm where he raised cattle. He purchased the “Bee-hive,” the two-family house across the street from it, and the little house on Leominster Road to house his employees. He offered the tenants of the Bee-hive $1000.00 to move out; and with that Marjorie Bingham purchased the house next door (70 Main Street) where she lived for many years. [This is according to Herb Bingham, in a conversation with Nancy Orlando on April 30, 2014.]
Mrs. Sawyer gave the field for the “tots,” so the youngsters would have a place to play.