Kingfish Louisville

Kingfish Louisville

3021 River Rd
Louisville
, KY 40207

HOURS: Mon. - Thurs.: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM Friday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM Saturday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM Sunday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
CALL:  (502) 895-0544
EMAIL(setsail@kingfishrestaurants.com)   |     |   FACEBOOK

MORE DETAILS:

KingFish is extremely proud to be locally owned and operated for over 67 years now! Come join us in celebrating at one of our stores!

Since 1948, great seafood and KingFish Restaurants have become synonymous in the Kentuckiana area. We’ve built a proud reputation for excellence by offering abundant variety, friendly service, and especially reasonable prices in our dining rooms and carryout depots, a reputation the KingFish family works hard to maintain with each and every item we serve, 7 days a week, to hungry folks like you who appreciate the finest seafood anywhere.

Our Story

The first KingFish Restaurant was opened on Derby Day, 1948, by Russell Austin and Henry Burns. The restaurant was named after the very popular radio program call Amos and Andy. One of the characters on the show was head of that Great Fraternity, The Mystic Knights of the Sea, he was known as KingFish. A refrigerator of fish, two fryers and a cooler of beer was housed in a building that Mr. Austin and Mr. Burns built with their own hands and was located at the foot of Fourth Street and River Road in downtown Louisville. A similar style building was opened on Upper River Road in 1955.The first Paddle-wheel Boat design restaurant opened on Bardstown Road in 1962. Another full service KingFish was opened downtown in 1971 on Sixth Street and River Road. The original unit on Fourth Street was then closed. In 1976, the restaurant now known as Zorn Avenue (Upper River Road) was opened, followed by Poplar Level in 1981. Austin and Burns did venture into franchise business with their concept in the early ’70s, but quickly discontinued the idea.In 1989, Mr. Austin and Mr. Burns sold their Company to two Louisville based land developers, Charles A. Brown, Jr. and Norman V. Noltemeyer. Brown and Noltemeyer opened a new KingFish on Dixie Highway in February 1991 and the first Company owned restaurant outside the state of Kentucky was opened in Jeffersonville, Indiana in March of 1998. In recent years we have streamlined our operations to focus on making our two locations on the Ohio River destination spots by adding entertainment and outside dining for Kentuckiana locals as well as visitors to the area along with promoting the neighborhood feel of our newest location at I-64 and Blankenbaker Parkway. KingFish is also pround of the opening of "On The Rocks" Patio Bar & Grille serving up Gourmet Burgers, Bar, and Bands at their Jeffersonville, IN location this year(2015). KingFish operates high volume seafood restaurants that offer abundant variety, a fun atmosphere, friendly service and reasonable prices.

1

1

What Do You Think?

Login to
Comment

(Maximum characters: 800) | You have characters left.

Thoughts, Tips & Reviews

Facebook Feed

Upcoming Events by This Business

No upcoming events.