Lancaster County Library

Lancaster County Library

313 S White St
, SC 29720

HOURS: Mon. - Thurs.: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: Closed -
CALL:  (803) 285-1502


Out of County cards may be issued for $20.00 a year or computer only library card for $2.00.

Checkout Periods:
Most items circulate for three weeks. Videos and DVDs circulate for one week.

Items can be renewed twice with the exception of videos, DVDs and Books on CD which have a renewal limit of one time. Items on hold for another patron cannot be renewed. To renew library materials you may call to request the renewal, go to the closest branch or visit our website and renew online. A pin number is required as well as your library card number to do all online transactions. You can ask any staff member for a pin number.

Library materials may be returned to the Main library, the Kershaw branch, the Del Webb branch or to any library in SCLends. Outside book returns are located for your convenience at each branch.

Overdue Items:
The charge for overdue items is 10 cents per day. The charge for lost materials is the replacement cost of the item. Fees may be charged for items which are returned damaged. Excessive charges for overdue, lost or damaged materials will result in loss of borrowing privileges.

Requesting Items:
If an item is not on the shelf, you may ask a staff member to place a hold on that item for you. You can also go online to request items. (NOTE: your pin number and library card number are needed for this transaction.) When the material is available, you will be notified by phone.
The Lancaster County Library may borrow specific books, if available, from another library. Ask at the circulation desk for details about this service.

Check Out Limits

Adult Circulation Limits

Classified Books 15
Paperbacks 25
Magazines 10
Books on Tape 10
DVDs 6
BCDs 6


Juvenile Circulation Limits
(15 years old and younger)

Total number of items not to exceed 10.

Videos and DVDs must be checked out by ADULTS.
In order for your status to be changed from a juvenile to an adult you must present a valid driver's license, permit or state issued ID card. You must also be at least the age of 18.



What Do You Think?

Login to

(Maximum characters: 800) | You have characters left.

Thoughts, Tips & Reviews

Facebook Feed

Upcoming Events by This Business

No upcoming events.