Local things for kids to do.

San Antonio Northwest, TX  |   Change Location

Things to do in San Antonio Northwest, TX: Back to School Immunization & Well-Child Checkup Event

Back to School Immunization & Well-Child Checkup Event

CommuniCare Health Centers - Northwest Campus

8210 Callaghan
San Antonio Texas 78230

Saturday, 8/1    OTHER DATES 罈
9:00 am  


CALL: (210) 233-7000


CommuniCare will be hosting Back to School Immunization Drives & Well-Child Check Up Events on Saturday, July 18th and Saturday, August 1st from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at the participating locations listed below. Immunizations that will be provided are FREE for school aged children ages 4 to 18 years old.

Immunizations that will be available are as follows:

DTaP: Diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis (whooping cough); record may show DT or DTP
HepB: Hepatitis B vaccine
Hib: Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine
PCV: Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
MMR: Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines combined
VAR / Varicella: Chickenpox vaccine
HepA: Hepatitis A vaccine
Tdap: Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis
MCV4: Meningococcal,
HPV9: Human Papillomavirus,
Well-Child checkups and physicals will also be available and provided by CommuniCare's Clinicians on a first come, first serve basis. For a well-child checkup, we accept most private insurances, Medicaid, and self-pay patients. A copay may apply dependent on your insurance coverage.

Private Insurances Accepted:
Aetna (HMO/PPO)'穡Ambetter (HMO)'穡Blue Cross (HMO/PPO)'穡Community First (HMO)'穡Humana (HMO/PPO)'穡Multiplan/PHCS (PPO)'穡Tricare East Region'穡United Healthcare (PPO)Medicaid Plans Accepted:
Community First (Medicaid/CHIP)'穡Superior (Medicaid/CHIP)'穡TMHP (Medicaid Traditional)
Blue Cross (Medicaid/CHIP) Hays County Patients Only
Dell/Seton (Medicaid/CHIP) Hays County Patients Only
Self-Pay (Uninsured) Patients: Parents and guardians who are self-pay, may qualify for our discount program. Please bring proof of income (i.e. copy of most recent paycheck stubs within 30 days, tax return, statement from employer with company's information, or recent TANF letter from Texas Department of Human Services, Social Security Administration and/or Social Security Supplement Child support award letter from Attorney General, Retirement Pension award letter, Veteran's pension letter, or unemployment award letter from Texas Workforce Commission), and a valid photo ID to the event and a Certified Eligibility Counselor will be able to assist you with your application.


What Do You Think?

Login to

(Maximum characters: 800) | You have characters left.

Thoughts, Tips & Reviews

Add Your Event

Businesses can add events for free! Claim your Hulafrog profile & add your event.