Southern Monmouth, NJ
2 Parents Love It!
1740 Main Street
Lake Como, NJ 07719
Lake Como was originally formed as the borough of South Belmar by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 12, 1924, from portions of Wall Township, subject to the results of a referendum held on May 6, 1924. On November 2, 2004, voters in the borough approved changing the locality's name to Lake Como, which became effective as of January 4, 2005.
In 1924, the Borough of South Belmar was formed out of the boundary of old Wall. It is a small , interior municipality, bounded on the west by the railroad, on the north by Sixteenth Avenue, on the east by "B"street, and in the South by Lake Como and Polly Pod Brook. One of the original settlers of the area now making up South Belmar.