St. Louis West County, MO
2 Parents Love It!
131 North Outer Road East
St. Louis , MO 63025
Originally, a part of the Federal Government’s Tyson Valley Powder Plant, the initial 240 acres of West Tyson was conveyed to St. Louis County in 1955. In 1979, St. Louis County purchased the additional 410 Mincke Tract with a L&WCF grant. This tract is just north of the original park. The whole park includes rugged wooded uplands which typify Ozark beauty, steep bluffs, flood plain, and a portion of the Meramec River.
In 1985, the Chubb Trail, which was developed by the St. Louis County Department of Parks and Recreation and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources through the cooperative efforts of MRRA, was opened. The trail is open to hikers, equestrians and mountain bikes. Access to the Chubb Trail can be obtained through either West Tyson or Lone Elk County Parks.